1985 Mustang Suspension
Showing 1-20 of 437 results
- Prothane Coil Spring Insulator Polyurethane Rear Upper/Lower Set 1979-2004$23.74 Regular Price $24.99
- Subframe Connector Standard Length Weld-On Black Pair 1979-2004$44.99 Regular Price $49.99
- Prothane Sway Bar End Link Polyurethane Front Kit 1979-1993$23.74 Regular Price $24.99
- Borgeson Steering Shaft Assembly Steel Power 1979-1993$161.60 Regular Price $170.10
- Prothane Coil Spring Insulator Polyurethane Front Upper/Lower Set 1979-2004$31.44 Regular Price $36.99
- AJE Suspension Bolt-On Spring Perches For AJE K-Member Pair 1979-2004$47.52 Regular Price $48.99
- Polyurethane Tie Rod End Boots - Pair 1967-2004$8.09 Regular Price $8.99
- Prothane Strut Mount Bushing Kit - Polyurethane 1983-2004$19.79 Regular Price $21.99
- Prothane Rack & Pinion Bushings - Polyurethane 1984-2004$15.29 Regular Price $16.99
- Air Lift Performance 1/4" SMC Water Trap$30.39 Regular Price $31.99
- UPR Rear Upper/Lower Control Arm Hardware Kit 1979-1998$31.34 Regular Price $32.99
- Ford Quad Shock With 8.8" Rear 1979-2004$134.89 Regular Price $141.99
- Prothane Rack And Pinion Bushing Offset Set 10/1984-2004$15.29 Regular Price $16.99
- Ford Front Sway Bar Bushing Rubber 26.5mm 1979-2004$17.09 Regular Price $17.99
- UPR K-Member Hardware Heavy-Duty Kit 1979-2004$67.89 Regular Price $69.99
Showing 1-20 of 437 results
Where to Start?
There are many different components that make up the stock 1985 Mustang suspension system:
• K-Member – this is attached to the forward sub frame rails and carries motor mounts, steering rack, front springs and lower control arms
• Coil Springs
• Modified MacPherson Struts in Front
• Four Link Rear Suspension
• Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms
• Front & Rear Stabilizer Bar
• Numerous Rubber Bushings
One of the first steps in tightening up the 1985 Mustang suspension is to eliminate body flex. Unibody flex effects vehicle control and displaces energy. There are a few things that can be done to overcome this.
To start, consider welding on high quality sub frame rails. Sub frame rails, or sub frame connectors, add rigidity and strength to the Mustang unibody which cuts down on chassis flexing. To stiffen up the body even more, consider upgrading the stock front and rear sway bars with a performance sway bars made of high quality aircraft-grade steel.
Another area where energy is lost in the 1985 Mustang suspension is in the bushings. Bushings link up various parts of the suspension system. Stock bushings are made of rubber and are designed to dampen the energy transmitted between each part. Rather than lose some of this energy in dampening, consider upgrading stock rubber bushings to new polyurethane bushings. If your suspension feels soft and sounds squeaky, upgrade to polyurethane bushings to stiffen your ride and eliminate squeaks.
A performance suspension kit and performance K-member will put the finishing touches on your 1985 Mustang suspension. These components will help to lower your vehicle’s center of gravity, increase stability and decrease vehicle weight. Combine all of these upgrades and you’ll enjoy:
• Improved launch and overall control
• Elimination of body flex
• Tighter and stiffer handling
• Increased stability and greater cornering ability
Putting it All Together
Thankfully you can find all of these parts — along with expert Mustang advice — at CJ Pony Parts. Check out our massive online catalog and browse our large inventory of 1985 Mustang suspension parts. Our Mustang experts are almost always standing by ready to answer any questions you might have. Give us a call, send us an email or start up an online chat and we’ll point you in the right direction.
Are you ready for greater control and precision power handling? If so, get started on upgrading your 1985 Mustang Suspension today!Not the year you are looking for? Check out these years: 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, or 1993 for additional options.