Time to replace your S197 brakes? These rotors and pads from Hawk Performance are a superior option! This kit will increase stopping power and reduce brake fade and dust levels.
Features and Benefits:
- Complete Front and Rear Kit for Driver and Passenger Sides
- Extended Pad Life with Low Levels of Brake Dust
- Improved Pedal Feel and Minimal Brake Fade
- Increased Stopping Power while being Gentle on Rotors
- Virtually Noise-Free with High Friction Hot or Cold
- Rotors are balanced with CNC programmed, precision milled slots
- G3000 Metallurgy-superior automotive casting material
- Validated design and performance traits through dynamometer testing
- Salt-spray tested per ISO-9227, exceeding the 240 hours requirement
- Magni Coating Barrier applied that maintains superior corrosion resistance
- Quick and easy bed-in that resists galling
- Engineered, machined, finished and coated in ISO certified facilities in North America
This Kit from Hawk Performance includes a Set of HPS 5.0 Front and Rear Brake Pads with a Set of Front and Rear Talon Rotors are ideal for Autocross and Track Day drivers looking for a high performance race compound that can take the heat of the track and get you home safely in your 2007-2012 GT500 or 2011-2014 GT and Boss 302 Mustangs.
This Ferro-Carbon compound combines the safety and quality of aerospace design partnered with the braking technology of motorsports, the results are shorter stopping distances, improved performance under heavy braking conditions and streetcar friendly characteristics.
Pedal feedback, Noise, Brake Torque and Dust control was Hawk’s goal with HPS (High Performance Street) 5.0. Not a replacement for their current HPS product, but a change that allows the driver to challenge themselves and their car with a new and unique driving feel.
High Performance Street 5.0 disc brake pads are designed to be the premium replacement pad for your Mustang. The Hawk Performance Talon rotors features Hawk’s unique patented DTC curved slot design and are built to OE specifications, weights, production processes and engineered to fit each application without modifications.
These rotors are balanced with CNC programmed, precision milled slots to noticeably lessen harmonic resonance issues and keep a clean, debris-free pad surface. Their cross drilled design provides improved thermal efficiency, heat dissipation, strength and better braking when wet.
This Kit Includes:
- Set of HPS 5.0 Front Brake Pads
- Set of HPS 5.0 Rear Brake Pads
- Pair of Drilled and Slotted Talon Front Rotors
- Pair of Drilled and Slotted Talon Rear Rotors
- 2011-2014 GT Mustangs with Brembo
- 2012-2013 Boss 302 Mustang
- 2007-2012 Shelby GT500 Mustang
*Does NOT fit 2013-2014 Shelby GT500 Mustangs.
Tech Tip: Hawk Performance burnishes its brake pads as a final step in the factory, but all brake pads have to be bedded-in with the rotors (new or used) that they will be used against. Properly bedding-in new brake pads results in a transfer film being generated at the pad and rotor interface to maximize brake performance.