MSD Distributor Billet With Steel Gear For MSD Ignition Control 260/289/302
- CNC Billet Aluminum Housing
- Includes Cap-A-Dapt
- Equipped With Steel Gear
- For MSD Ignition Controller
MSD Billet Distributor with a Steel Gear for 260, 289 and 302 Small Block V8 Ford Engines using MSD Ignition Control.
If you are serious about performance, than you have probably heard of MSD. One of the biggest leaders for aftermarket ignition parts, MSD's Billet Distributors for 260, 289 and 302 small block Ford engines are the number one choice when it comes to race and high performance applications. This distributor uses an easy-to-adjust mechanical advance assembly which is fine blanked from chromoly steel, TIG-welded for strength, then QPQ coated for corrosion resistance and product use longevity.
MSD Billet Distributor 8598 Features and Benefits:
- CNC machined billet aluminum housing and DuPont Rynite base
- Easy-to-adjust mechanical advance assembly, can be locked out for crank trigger systems
- Includes steel gear for hydraulic roller camshafts
- Supplied springs and stop bushings for different advance curves
- Maintenance-free magnetic pickup and precision reluctor
- Polished steel shaft is QPQ coated and guided by a sealed ball bearing
- Advance plate and weights are fine blanked from chromoly steel and QPQ coated for friction reduction
- Advance weight pins are staked and TIG-welded to the plate
- Nylon bushings for smooth operation
- Includes Cap-A-Dapt and rotor (accepts MSD socket style caps)
- No CARB exemption order number
The housing of this distributor is made from CNC machined billet aluminum, and uses a durable DuPont Rynite base. Nylon bushings are used for the precision weights to glide on for smooth, unhindered advancement. Additional springs and stop bushings that are supplied allows for a variety of advance curves to be tuned. The inner steel shaft spinning the advance and reluctor has a friction reducing coating for smooth operation, and is guided by a sealed ball bearing with a long sintered bushing. This allows for more stable timing signals and spark delivery over the entire RPM range. MSD's race proven, maintenance-free magnetic pickup handles triggering.
Please Note: This distributor must be used with an MSD Ignition Control system.
- 1965-1973 Mustang
- 1966-1977 Bronco
- 1948-1979 F-100
MSD is one of the most well-known companies when it comes to distributors. Their parts are made of high quality materials and precision engineered to bring you the best performance. MSD also provides all the information needed to install their parts.
Order this MSD 8598 Billet Distributor with a Steel Gear for your 260, 289 or 302 Small Block V8 Ford Engine using MSD Ignition Control from CJ Pony Parts today!
California Residents: Proposition 65 Warning
This product will fit the following Bronco years:
This product will fit the following F-100 years:
This product will fit the following Mustang years: