Project 55: Bill’s 1993 Mustang Cobra BuildLast Updated October 3, 2023 | Andrew Boyle
It goes without saying that taking on any project with a short time schedule is going to be a tough road. Especially when you’re looking to make the build better-than-stock with some period-correct modifications. This 1993 Mustang Cobra in the iconic Teal color had definitely seen better days when Bill & the team picked it up in January of this year. With a short deadline of Mustang Week -- only 8 months away -- the team had to get to work quickly on Project 55!
The name Project 55 originates from two different areas. This ‘93 Cobra is Bill’s 55th Mustang and 2019 is the 55th anniversary of the Ford Mustang. Fits perfectly, right?
This 1993 Mustang Cobra is #2,915 of 4,993 built in 1993. The paint color is Teal with the Opal Gray interior and optional sunroof. Despite the car being involved in some sort of front end accident, the crucial parts like frame rails, shock towers, and floor pans are perfectly intact and ready for restoration. When buying a classic Mustang, you always need to make sure your vehicle has good bones before purchasing.
Project 55 Video Build Series
Bill and the team at CJ’s took the time to record every step of the way so you could see the process of bringing this Fox Body Cobra back to life! From the initial introduction to tear down, body & paint, engine rebuild, crunch time, and the unveil - it’s all included in the 23 episodes on the CJ Pony Parts YouTube Channel!
1993 Mustang Cobra Build List
A build this in-depth doesn’t go without a very long parts list. Thankfully, we offer a huge inventory of Fox Body parts here at CJ’s! From the Vortech Supercharger to a full TMI Upholstery and even little touches like an interior screw kit and cup holder console, CJ’s has you covered.
- Vortech Satin Finish Low-Boost V-3 SL SCi-Trim Supercharger Kit
- Ford Performance Aluminum X2 Street Cruiser Cylinder Heads
- Holley Sniper Black Fabricated Aluminum Valve Covers
- Ford Performance Hydraulic Roller Camshaft
- Ford Performance High Performance Engine Gasket Set
- ARP Polished Stainless Steel 12-Point Engine Bolt Kit
- MagnaFlow 2-1/2" Competition Series Cat-Back Exhaust System with Polished Turn-Down Tips
- Ford Performance Heavy-Duty Aluminum Driveshaft
- McLeod Street Pro Clutch Kit
- Fidanza 157T Aluminum Flywheel with 28.2 Oz and 50 Oz Balance
- Adjustable Clutch Cable Kit
- Classic Auto Air Engine Compartment A/C Upgrade Kit
- Heater Core With Air Conditioning
- Mishimoto 2-Row Performance Aluminum Radiator
- UPR Stainless Steel Large Radiator Support Bracket
- Mishimoto Matte Black Silicone Radiator and Heater Hose Kit
- Mishimoto 2300 CFM Dual 12" Electric Fan Kit with Aluminum Shroud
- Painless Performance 185 Degree On/170 Degree Off Electric Fan Relay
- Mustang Cobra Intake Plaque
- CJ Classics Universal Clear Billet Aluminum Battery Tray
- Billet Smog Pump Eliminator
- Eibach Pro-Street Coilover Suspension Kit
- AJE Suspension K-Member Kit
- Steeda 4500 Series Aluminum Rear Lower Control Arms
- Steeda Street Adjustable Upper Control Arms For Street/Competition Use
- Steeda Caster Camber Plates
- Classic Tube Power Disc Brake Line Kit
- Master Cylinder
- Perfect Launch Differential Girdle/Cover
- Fuel Tank Kit
- Holley Sniper 340 Lph In-Tank Fuel Pump Kit
- Cervini 2-1/2" Cowl Induction Hood
- Smoked Basic Headlight Kit with Amber Reflectors
- Oracle Lighting V-Series LED Headlight Bulbs
- Cobra Fender Emblems
- Black Chrome Running Horse Grille Emblem
- Black Exterior Door Handle Kit with Rivets
- Cobra Style 1993 Front Bumper Conversion Kit
- CJ Pony Parts Complete Weatherstrip Kit
- TMI Opal Gray With Black Stripes Vinyl R1000 Sport Upholstery
- ACC Carpeted Floor Mats with 1993 Style Cobra Logo
- ACC Rear Cargo Area/Hatch Area Carpet
- Scott Drake Instrument Bezel Lens
- Black Cup Holder Console Top Panel
- Console Restoration Kit
- Headlight Switch Assembly
- Power Window Switch and Bezel Kit
- Brake/Clutch Pedal Pads
- Interior Hardware Screw Kit
- Sunroof Weatherstrip Kit
Think we’re done with Project 55? Then, think again! We will most definitely be using Project 55 in future videos for Fox Body installations, product features, and more. So be sure to subscribe to our YouTube Channel to stay updated on the latest Fox Body videos!
There’s no doubt that Bill & the video team make this build look easy! The truth is, it really came down to the last minute to wrap this build up before Mustang Week kicked off, and they did it! From tear down to restoration, we documented the entire trail! Check out some of the photos throughout the process of the build below.
Fox Body Parts at CJ’s
If you’re looking for Fox Body Mustang parts for your 1979-1993 Mustang build, look no further than CJ’s for a diverse inventory of parts to bring your build back to life. Regardless of whether you want to add just a couple parts to your already roadworthy Fox or go for a complete teardown and rebuild like Project 55, CJ’s is your go-to spot for Fox Body Mustang parts.