MSD Distributor With Iron Gear Black Ready to Run 260/289/302
- All Black Construction
- Simple 3 Wire Installation
- Built In Rev Limiter
- Includes Iron Gear
MSD Black Ready to Run Distributor with an Iron Gear for 260, 289 or 302 Engines.
Are you looking for a way to add more ignition power to your 260, 289 or 302 engine? Something that’s easy to install, looks great and will give you plenty of bang for your buck? If so, check out this MSD Black Ready to Run Distributor with an Iron Gear that’s now available from CJ Pony Parts!
Features and Benefits:
- Perfect Upgrade for Outdated Points Distributors and Bulky HEIs
- Simple to Install: Only 3 Wires to Connect
- Includes HEI-Style Distributor Cap and Rotor (Accepts Cap-A-Dapts)
- Does Not Need MSD Ignition Control
- CARB E.O. Approved
- Built-In Rev Limiter Protects Engine
- O-Ring Seals Can be Added to Modified Blocks for Improved Oil Pressure Control
- Special Oil Tract for Improved Lubrication to Distributor and Cam Gear
- Nylon Pads for Smooth Operation of Advance Weights
- Powerful Built-In Module Produces 7.5 Amp Single Spark Through High RPM
- Increased Amplifier Output Outperforms Stock Ignitions and Smooths Out Engine Idle, Improves Starting and Provides Higher RPM Range
- Mechanical Advance is Easy to Adjust with Supplied Springs and Stop Bushings for Custom Ignition Curve to Match Engine’s Needs
- Vacuum Advance Canister for Improved Economy (Can be Locked Out)
- Good Looking, Long Lasting CNC-Machined Billet Aluminum Housing and Billet Aluminum Base
- Maintenance-Free Magnetic Pickup and Precision Reluctor Make Stable Trigger Signals Throughout RPM Range
- QPQ-Coated Polished Steel Shaft Guided by Sealed Ball Bearing for Smooth Operation
- Advance Plate and Weights Fine-Blanked from Chrome Moly Steel and QPQ-Coated for Reduction in Friction
- Advance Weights Staked and TIG-Welded to Plate for Superior Strength
- Mechanical Advance Assembly Can be Locked Out for Crank Trigger Systems
- Includes Separate Tach Circuit Ideal to Trigger Tach or Aftermarket EFI
This MSD (83523) Black Ready to Run Distributor with an Iron Gear is an excellent upgrade for 260, 289 or 302 engines with outdated points distributors and bulky HEIs! You’ll love how nice it looks thanks to its CNC-machined billet aluminum housing and billet aluminum base, but you’ll love how easy it is to install even more! Just install it on your engine and connect the 3 wires and that’s it! This distributor has a built-in rev limiter to protect your engine, and O-ring seals can be added to modified blocks for improved oil pressure control. Plus, this distributor also has a special oil tract for improved lubrication to the distributor and cam gear and nylon pads that allow for smooth operation of advance weights. The powerful built-in module produces a 7.5 amp single spark through high RPM, and the increased amplifier output will outperform stock ignitions and will smooth out engine idle, improve starting and provide a higher RPM range! The mechanical advance is also easy to adjust with the included springs and stop bushings, so you can fully customize it to match your engine’s needs! You can also lock out the mechanical advance assembly for crank trigger systems. This distributor includes a separate tach circuit ideal to trigger tachs or aftermarket EFIs.
- 1965-1973 Mustang
- 1966-1977 Bronco
- 1948-1979 F-100
*CARB EO: D-40-39
Order an MSD (83523) Black Ready to Run Distributor with an Iron Gear for your 260, 289 or 302 Engine from CJ Pony Parts today!
California Residents: Proposition 65 Warning
Novice skill is required for this installation.
This product will fit the following Bronco years:
This product will fit the following F-100 years:
This product will fit the following Mustang years: