Pertronix Electronic Ignition Ignitor II Single Point V8
- Legal In All 50 States
- Fits Inside The Distributor
- 2:1 Improvement Over Points
- Easy Wiring
Pertronix Ignitor II Electronic Ignition for V8 Engines with Single Point Distributors.
The Ignitor II has many of the same great features that the original Ignitor has, only it is smarter. Ignitor II units sense the coil current level and use a powerful micro controller to adjust the dwell. Variable dwell helps to maintain peak energy throughout the entire RPM range.
When you want to make sure your classic ‘Stang will start with the turn of a key, you need an ignition ignitor that will make sure that happens. Petronix is one of the most dependable and reliable manufacturers of Mustang ignitions on the market, and their Ignitor II is specifically designed to work with classic-era Mustangs. The simple, smart design makes this ignition part easy to install, and it even comes with all the hardware you need to securely install it in your Mustang. With all of that in one convenient package and backed by Pertronix’s impressive track record, you can be sure you’re getting quality when you buy this ignition.
Ignitor II systems develop up to 4 times more energy between 3000 and 5000 RPM than standard ignition systems. High RPM performance is improved when used with the Flame-Thrower II super low resistance (0.6 ohms) 45,000 volt coil. With that level of craftsmanship coupled with an outstanding volt coil, your ignition won’t just make your Mustang start — it’ll make it run better.
Pertronix Ignitor II Features:
- Adaptive dwell maintains peak energy throughout the entire RPM range, reducing misfires while improving engine performance
- Peak current level is reached just prior to spark for maximum energy without the heat build-up
- Adjusts spark timing at higher RPMs to compensate for the inherent electronic delay
- Senses start-up and develops more energy for quicker, easier starting
- Built in reverse polarity and over current protection shuts off system, preventing damage
- Rotating cobalt magnets trigger a Hall Effect integrated circuit
- No points to burn or moving parts to wear out
- Epoxy molding makes the module impervious to dirt, oil, grease and moisture
- Fits entirely inside the distributor
- No black box to clutter the engine compartment
- Stable timing, no need for any adjustments
- Will trigger most multi-spark CD ignitions
- Uncomplicated wiring makes for easy installation
- Legal in all 50 states and Canada (C.A.R.B. E.O. #D-57-2)
Pertronix Ignitor II Specifications:
- For use on single point distributors
- Operating Voltage: 8-V to 16-V DC
- Temperature Range: -50 to 300F
- RPM Range: 0 to 15,000 RPM
- Polarity: 12V negative ground
- 1965-1973 Mustangs
- 1957-1979 F-100s
- 1966-1977 Broncos
*Ignitor II applications can not be used with solid core ignition wires.
At CJ Pony Parts, we’re proud to offer the Pertronix Ignitor II to all of our customers who own classic Mustangs because we know it’s one of the best parts available. You can also buy it here for less than the competition. When you want the best at an affordable price, CJ Pony Parts has your back!
Order this Pertronix Ignitor II Electric Ignition for your V8 Engine with Single Point Distributors from CJ Pony Parts today!
This product will fit the following Bronco years:
This product will fit the following F-100 years:
This product will fit the following Mustang years: