SEMA 2016: CJ’s Custom Stealth Gray Mustang EcoBoost Unveiled!Last Updated February 5, 2020 | Chris Cervenka
SEMA 2016 At The Las Vegas Convention Center
If you haven’t heard already, The SEMA Show is the talk of the town not only when it comes to the latest parts for your Mustang or other Ford, but for other automakers as well. Every early November, thousands of the automobile industry’s leaders gather at SEMA to release and show off all of their latest developments in aftermarket parts for your Mustang.
Last year at SEMA 2015, the show brought in north of 60,000 domestic and international buyers. To top that off, there were over 2,500 brand new parts debuted at the SEMA show just last year, and that number is set to rise for 2016. Additionally, The SEMA Show gives attendees the opportunity to participate in product demonstrations, special events, educational seminars, networking opportunities and much more!
Not open to the public and being a trade-only, industry-centric event, The SEMA Show is the perfect place to debut your company’s latest build!
CJ’s At Past SEMA Shows
In 2014, we were honored to have featured our first build right on the SEMA showroom floor, Project 50/30. This build was restored and fully customized into an asphalt-conquering showstopper. Project 50/30 started its life as a 1965 Mustang Fastback, previously known as the Forgotten Fastback. By the time we were done with it, this build featured a Vortech Supercharged Coyote Crate Engine from Ford Performance, Ridetech Air Ride Suspension, Custom Three-Piece Niche Wheels wrapped in sticky Nitto NT05 rubber, Wilwood Brakes and a custom TMI Products interior.
In 2015, we had the privilege of working directly with Ford Motor Company on our build. Specifically, Ford tasked us with the duty of completely decking out a 2015 Focus ST to showcase in the Ford Booth at SEMA 2015. With the goal of creating a car for the autocross course and car show, this ST had to be quick and a head-turner. With the help from vendors like Air Lift Performance, COBB Tuning, ATP Turbo, and Wilwood Brakes we were able to do just that, and more!
The Mustang EcoBoost SEMA Build
This year, we worked very closely with Ford Performance and many other vendors to develop our SEMA 2016 Build, a custom Stealth Gray 2017 Mustang EcoBoost. Throughout the upcoming weeks to SEMA 2016, you may have seen renderings pop up on news and media sites such as MotorTrend, Autoblog, Automobile Mag and many more.
We’re pleased to say that our planned rendering isn’t far off from the finished product with the exception of a few tasteful touches to make this SEMA 2016 Build perfect for the road course on Saturday and the car show on Sunday.
After going back and forth through over seven revisions with our graphic design team and Ford Performance, we finally came to an agreement on what you see today. And thanks to Rick in our Purchasing Department, we were able to track down all of the perfect parts from our vendors like Ford Performance, Anderson Composites, Cervini’s, Scott Drake, California Pony Cars and more, to take this Mustang EcoBoost to an entirely new level from the ground up.
The main goal of this build isn’t much different from our SEMA 2015 Focus ST Build. We wanted to create a Mustang that had both form and function. In other words, a Mustang that you’d be able to take out on the autocross or road course and have a blast while bringing home a trophy or two from your local car show. And regardless of what you would plan to do with this car, you’ll turn heads everywhere you go thanks to the custom Stealth Gray paint with Black & Acid Green accents by GCR Auto Collision.
The Parts"show and go"
For 2016, the build list for our Mustang SEMA car is one of the longest yet. Like we said, this build was set out from the get-go to stand apart from the crowd with both show and go. With that said, working with valued vendors like Ford Performance, the fit and finish could not have been easier from start to finish.
Modifications by CJ Pony Parts:
- Ford Performance Cold Air Intake Kit With Custom Calibration
- Ford Performance By Borla Touring 2-1/4" Cat-Back Exhaust System with 4" Black Exhaust Tips
- COBB Tuning 3" Stainless Steel Catted Downpipe
- COBB Tuning Front Mount Intercooler
Chassis & Brakes:
- Ford Performance Assembled Track Handling Package
- Ford Performance Strut Tower Brace
- Custom Finished Ford Performance 15" 6-Piston Brembo Conversion Front Brake Kit
- Ford Performance Transmission Cooler Air Scoop
Wheels & Tires:
- 20x10” & 20x11” Rotiform KPS 3-Piece Sport Wheels (Custom Powdercoated by PA Powderworks)
- Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires; 275/35ZR20, Front & 305/30ZR20, Rear
- Anderson Composites Carbon Fiber Type-GTH Carbon Fiber Hood
- Anderson Composites Carbon Fiber Type-ST Trunk Lid with Spoiler
- Anderson Composites Carbon Fiber Type-OE Front Spoiler
- Anderson Composites Carbon Fiber Type-AR Side Skirts
- Anderson Composites Carbon Fiber Type-GT Upper Grille
- Ford Licensed Accessories Lighted Running Pony Grille Emblem
- Cervini Textured Matte Black C-Series Lower Grille
- Custom Finished Rally Innovations Three-Piece Aluminum Front Splitter
- Custom Finished Rally Innovations Aluminum Side Skirt Splitters
- LED Reverse Light Bulb
- LED Switchback Turn Signal Bulb and Cool White Side Marker Kit
- Rear LED Side Marker Lights
- Front & Rear Light Tint Kit
- 35% Window Tint
- Custom Stealth Gray Paint With Black & Acid Green Accents by GCR Auto Collision
- Custom Hand Painted Pinstriping by Kerry Buckley
- Anderson Composites Carbon Fiber Engine Cover
- Ford Performance Radiator Cover
- Custom Finished Scott Drake Billet Aluminum Fuse Box Cover
- JLT Performance Black Textured ABS Plastic Master Cylinder Cover
- California Pony Cars Black Textured Radiator Coolant Tank Cover
- Ford Performance Bolt-In Hood Strut Kit
- Ford Performance "GT350R" Rear Seat Delete Kit
- Ford Performance GT350R Leather and Alcantara Steering Wheel
- Ford Performance Black Shift Knob
- Ford Performance Red GT350/GT350R Push Button Engine Start/Stop Kit
- Ford Black Carpeted Floor Mats with Running Pony Logo
- Kicker Amp & Subwoofer
A large number of the parts used on this particular build are also available on the CJ website, so be sure to check out our selection of Mustang parts to create your own SEMA-worthy build!
Stay Updated With This Build
There’s no question of whether or not we’re done with this build, either. Just like our 2015 ST Build and Project 50/30, we plan on featuring these projects in future videos from installations to overviews and more.
Be sure to stay up to date by signing up for our newsletter and subscribing to our YouTube channel! If you have any Mustang or auto-related questions, be sure to check out our all-new CJ Resource Center for tech articles, buying and how-to guides, along with detailed comparison articles comparing your favorite Mustang parts! And if you’re on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, be sure to follow us to keep an eye on our latest products and project cars!
CJ’s is proud to unveil a special project that has been in the works - our customized 2017 Mustang EcoBoost painted in Stealth Gray with Black and Acid Green accents! Working with purchasing, our design team and numerous of our vendors, this car will turn some heads in the Ford Booth at SEMA 2016.
The all-new 2018 Mustang is here and out in the open! Packed full with all kinds of new features, technological and engineering advances, there's no doubt that the 2018 Mustang is making just as many waves as the 2015 did just a few years back. In a joint effort between Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and Ford Motor Company, the all-new 2018 Mustang was officially debuted in mid-January 2017.
The horsepower and torque numbers for the all-new 3.5L EcoBoost V6 powered 2017 Raptor have been rumored for a while. Ford has released the official numbers and let's just say that they blow the previous F-150's 6.2L powerhouse out of the water! Combine that with the weight savings of over 500 pounds and this new Raptor takes it to an entirely new level.
Although the Mustang gets a reputation for being a bad car to have through the winter, we couldn’t disagree more. With a little prep, it can be the most wonderful time of the year—even for Mustang enthusiasts. Whether you're storing your Mustang for warmer days or preparing to drive through the thick of it, we've got tips to help you through the cold months ahead.
Being one of the largest automotive specialty products showcases in the world, The SEMA Show takes place in Las Vegas every November. Every year, this trade show draws in the best and brightest when it comes to automotive parts and the latest aftermarket products for your Mustang. Just last year, there were north of 2,500 parts debuted at SEMA with that number rising each year!