MSD Distributor Ready-To-Run With Steel Gear 260/289/302
- CNC Billet Aluminum Housing
- HEI Style Terminals
- Equipped With Steel Gear
- Msd Controller Not Required
MSD Ready-To-Run Distributor with a Steel Gear for 260, 289 and 302 Engines.
As the name implies, this MSD 83521 Ready-To-Run Distributor with a Steel Gear is designed to be dropped into your 260, 289 or 302 Engine. This ready-to-run distributor features an ignition module that produces a powerful inductive spark to improve combustion of the fuel mixture resulting in quick starts, smooth idle and increased performance.
Features and Benefits:
- Equipped with steel gear
- Does not require an MSD ignition control
- Supplied with small diameter cap
- HEI style terminals and race rotor
- Nylon pads ensure smooth operation of the advance weights
- Advance weight pins are staked and TIG welded to the plate
- Mechanical advance assembly can be locked out for crank trigger systems
- Advance plate and weights are fine blanked from chrome moly steel and QPQ coated for friction reduction
- Polished steel shaft is QPQ coated and guided by a sealed ball bearing
- Maintenance-free magnetic pickup and precision reluctor create stable trigger signals throughout the RPM range
- Housing is 5/8” smaller in diameter than stock Ford distributors
- CNC machined billet aluminum housing and billet aluminum base
- Vacuum advance canister for improved economy (can be locked out)
- Easy-to-adjust mechanical advance with supplied springs and stop bushings
- Powerful built-in module produces a 7.5 amp single spark through high RPM
- Simple and clean Installation with only three wires to connect
- Includes built-in rev limiter
- 1965-1973 Mustang
- 1966-1977 Bronco
- 1948-1979 F-100
To accommodate induction setups and tight engine compartments the billet housing on this distributor is 5/8” smaller in diameter than its factory counterpart. A maintenance-free magnetic pickup is responsible for triggering the high voltage sparks while a sealed ball bearing guides the oversized shaft.
Under the distributor cap and race rotor you’ll find MSD’s accurate mechanical advance assembly. To easily tune a curve to match your needs, different advance springs and stop bushings are supplied. Plus, there is a vacuum advance canister to increase economy on long drives. The easy-to-set rev limiter and vacuum advance canister increase overall economy on long drives.
MSD is one of the Mustang aftermarket's leading manufacturers of ignition controls, coils, timing accessories, spark plug wires and electronic fuel injection conversion equipment. MSD Ignition Controls have come to be the ignition solution company of choice for many of the top professional drivers around the world.
Order this MSD 83521 Ready-To-Run Distributor with a Steel Gear for your 260, 289 or 302 Engine today from CJ Pony Parts.
This product will fit the following Bronco years:
This product will fit the following F-100 years:
This product will fit the following Mustang years: