COMP Cams Camshaft Set Magnum 282S Solid/Mechanical Flat Tappet 2000-6000 RPM 289/302
COMP Cams Magnum 282S Solid/Mechanical Flat Tappet Camshaft Set with a 2000 to 6000 RPM Range for Mustangs with a 289 or 302 Engine.
This mechanical flat tappet camshaft will fit Ford 289 and 302 engines from 1963-1995.
Magnum cams generate great high RPM power. They can be used with mild ratio rocker arms and traditional performance valve springs as they are easy on valve train parts. These camshafts like compression ratios of 9.5:1 and higher. A torque converter and gear change is highly recommended. The larger Magnum cams can be a little lazy at low RPMs.
This is a great all around performance cam for Street Machines. Suitable for cars with a lower axle ratio and a 2500 stall torque converter with headers. The Magnum 282S produces a rough idle.
- RPM Range: 2000 to 6000
- Valve Timing: 0.015
- Lobe separation (degrees): 110
- Intake Centerline (degrees): 106
- Valve Lash: Intake 0.022/ Exhaust 0.022
- Duration: Intake 282/Exhaust 282
- Duration @ .050" Lift: Intake 236/Exhaust 236
- Valve Lift: Intake 0.528/Exhaust 0.528
- Lobe Lift: Intake 0.331/Exhaust 0.331
- Camshaft (313344) Only
- Camshaft (313344) and Lifters
- Small Kit - Camshaft (313344), Lifters, Timing Chain Set and Assembly Lube
- Complete Kit - Everything in Small Kit plus Valve Springs, Valve Spring Retainers, Valve Locks and Valve Stem Seals
This product will fit the following Bronco years:
This product will fit the following F-100 years:
This product will fit the following Mustang years: