Ford Performance 575 Horsepower 460 Cubic Inch Crate Engine with a Boss 351 Block and Front Sump Oil Pan.
Big blocks are so large that they can be difficult to fit in your Mustang's engine bay. Now you can get big block displacement in a small block package. Ford Performance's Z460 crate engine is the biggest small block Windsor crate engine ever created. The large cubic inch displacement motor pumps out 575 HP and 575 TQ. The foundation of the Z460 is Ford Performance's, formerly Ford Racing, legendary Boss 351 block with premium internal components from the best aftermarket companies. A SCAT forged steel crankshaft, SCAT forged H-beam connecting rods, forged Mahle pistons and Clevite bearings offer high strength and durability to contain the massive amounts of horsepower and torque. The engine is topped off with high port/high flow Ford Performance Z-Heads. Every Ford Performance Z460 engine is hand assembled in the US with strict performance clearances.
Engine Specs and Features:
- Ford Boss 351 block with 9.5" deck height
- Displacement: 460 cubic inches
- Bore x Stroke: 4.150" x 4.250"
- SCAT forged steel crankshaft
- SCAT 6.125" forged steel H-beam connecting rods
- Mahle forged pistons with floating wrist pins
- Camshaft type: Hydraulic roller
- Camshaft lift: .594"/.618"
- Camshaft duration (@ 0.050"): 242°/248°
- Ford Racing M-6049-Z304DA aluminum "Z" cylinder heads
- Valve size: 2.02" intake/1.60" exhaust
- Compression ratio: 10.0:1
- Rocker arms: Ford Racing M-6562-F31 roller rocker arms
- Rocker arm ratio: 1.65:1
- Vibration damper: Ford Racing M-6316-D302 SFI approved
- Valve covers: Ford Racing cast aluminum painted silver
- Oil pan: Steel deep front sump (9 quart) pan with louvered windage tray and crankshaft scraper
- Water pump: Ford Racing M-8501-G351 - long type - standard rotation
- Ford Racing M-9439-A50 intake manifold gaskets
- Premium unleaded fuel required
- Ignition timing: 32° at 4,000 RPM
- Maximum recommended RPM: 5,600 RPM
- Internally balanced: Neutral
- Recommended intake: Edelbrock Part # 2924 Super Victor (Not included)
- New oil pump and water pump
- Engine power ratings achieved with Edelbrock Super Victor intake, Holley 850 CFM carburetor, long tube headers
- Depending on your application, a different timing cover, water pump, performance oil pan and pickup may be required
- Includes a performance oil pan and pick-up, standard rotation timing chain cover, M-8501-G351 standard rotation water pump and non-EFI valve covers
- M-6059-D351 timing chain cover will work with most standard rotation water pumps.
- Crankshaft damper M-6416-D302 may require a spacer for pulley alignment
- Flywheel not included. The engine is neutrally balanced
- Firing order: 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8 (5.0L HO and 351W firing order)
*Distributor not included. Steel distributor gear required.
*Flywheel not included. Neutral balanced flywheel required.
Order this Ford Performance 575 Horsepower 460 Cubic Inch Crate Engine with a Boss 351 Block and Front Sump Oil Pan from CJ Pony Parts today!
Product ReviewsWrite a review
Planning on putting this in my 67 coupe. Also wanting to put a 871 BDS blower on it. Would I use a blower for a 460, or a 351?
Can I use this for a daily driver?
Are there any particular headers available to use in 71-73 Mustangs with the raised exhaust port on these heads, or is it not a problem in general?
I have a 1964.5 289. Would this fit or do I need the rear sump?
how much 2 ship 2 nz i want 1
I plan on getting this to swap out my 302 in my 1992 Mustang LX Notchback, it should be a easy bolt up. My one question I have is that after I read the description, I saw that it was tested with a carb. Can you make this fuel injected by any chance?
Will this engine fit in 1970 boss 302?
Will it fit on a 1968 coupe
You Might Also Like
CJ's Low Price:$248.99