Ford Performance 575 Horsepower 460 Cubic Inch Crate Engine with a Boss 351 Block and Front Sump Oil Pan.
Big blocks are so large that they can be difficult to fit in your Mustang's engine bay. Now you can get big block displacement in a small block package. Ford Performance's Z460 crate engine is the biggest small block Windsor crate engine ever created. The large cubic inch displacement motor pumps out 575 HP and 575 TQ. The foundation of the Z460 is Ford Performance's, formerly Ford Racing, legendary Boss 351 block with premium internal components from the best aftermarket companies. A SCAT forged steel crankshaft, SCAT forged H-beam connecting rods, forged Mahle pistons and Clevite bearings offer high strength and durability to contain the massive amounts of horsepower and torque. The engine is topped off with high port/high flow Ford Performance Z-Heads. Every Ford Performance Z460 engine is hand assembled in the US with strict performance clearances.
Engine Specs and Features:
- Ford Boss 351 block with 9.5" deck height
- Displacement: 460 cubic inches
- Bore x Stroke: 4.150" x 4.250"
- SCAT forged steel crankshaft
- SCAT 6.125" forged steel H-beam connecting rods
- Mahle forged pistons with floating wrist pins
- Camshaft type: Hydraulic roller
- Camshaft lift: .594"/.618"
- Camshaft duration (@ 0.050"): 242°/248°
- Ford Racing M-6049-Z304DA aluminum "Z" cylinder heads
- Valve size: 2.02" intake/1.60" exhaust
- Compression ratio: 10.0:1
- Rocker arms: Ford Racing M-6562-F31 roller rocker arms
- Rocker arm ratio: 1.65:1
- Vibration damper: Ford Racing M-6316-D302 SFI approved
- Valve covers: Ford Racing cast aluminum painted silver
- Oil pan: Steel deep front sump (9 quart) pan with louvered windage tray and crankshaft scraper
- Water pump: Ford Racing M-8501-G351 - long type - standard rotation
- Ford Racing M-9439-A50 intake manifold gaskets
- Premium unleaded fuel required
- Ignition timing: 32° at 4,000 RPM
- Maximum recommended RPM: 5,600 RPM
- Internally balanced: Neutral
- Recommended intake: Edelbrock Part # 2924 Super Victor (Not included)
- New oil pump and water pump
- Engine power ratings achieved with Edelbrock Super Victor intake, Holley 850 CFM carburetor, long tube headers
- Depending on your application, a different timing cover, water pump, performance oil pan and pickup may be required
- Includes a performance oil pan and pick-up, standard rotation timing chain cover, M-8501-G351 standard rotation water pump and non-EFI valve covers
- M-6059-D351 timing chain cover will work with most standard rotation water pumps.
- Crankshaft damper M-6416-D302 may require a spacer for pulley alignment
- Flywheel not included. The engine is neutrally balanced
- Firing order: 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8 (5.0L HO and 351W firing order)
*Distributor not included. Steel distributor gear required.
*Flywheel not included. Neutral balanced flywheel required.
Order this Ford Performance 575 Horsepower 460 Cubic Inch Crate Engine with a Boss 351 Block and Front Sump Oil Pan from CJ Pony Parts today!
Product ReviewsWrite a review
what is the best intake manifold an carbuater for this eng to get the horse power
Would this crate engine be suitable in a jet boat application?
Will this engine fit into a 1970 mustang mach 1 with standard suspension? The car came with a 351 and I was trying to understand the major difference between this motor and the standard 351
I'm looking to replace the current 302 that's in my 1971 Bronco. Will it fit with the front end sump pump oil pan...not conflict with the front axle and drive shaft?
Since this is based on a small block, would it fit in a first-gen 1979 Fox body?
its possible to instal a supercharged kit on it for additional HP?
Which transmission would work with this, a C4 or a C6? Also, I have a '67 coupe with a 289/C4, will my motor mounts be sufficient, and if not which ones would I need?
Does this engine come with the option for rear sump. I have a 1967 Fastback with TCI front and rear suspension which requires rear sump. Thank You!
You Might Also Like
CJ's Low Price:$256.00