The Z460 Crate Engine (M-6007-Z460FRT) from Ford Performance is the largest Windsor crate engine ever built. If you want big block power, but lack engine bay space or don't want added weight, this is the cure. The large cubic inch displacement motor pumps out 575 horsepower and 575 lb-ft of torque.
Features and Benefits:
- Largest Displacement Windsor Ever Offered
- 575HP/ 575 lb-ft TQ
- All Forged Internals
- Hand Assembled By Ford Performance in the US
The foundation of the Z460 is Ford Performance's legendary Boss 351 block. A SCAT forged steel crankshaft, SCAT forged H-beam connecting rods, forged Mahle pistons and Clevite bearings offer high strength and durability. The engine is topped off with high flow Ford Performance Z-Heads. Every Ford Performance Z460 engine is hand-assembled in the US with strict performance clearances.
- Ford Boss 351 block with 9.5" deck height
- Displacement: 460 cubic inches
- Bore x Stroke: 4.150" x 4.250"
- SCAT forged steel crankshaft
- SCAT 6.125" forged steel H-beam connecting rods
- Mahle forged pistons with floating wrist pins
- Camshaft type: Hydraulic roller
- Camshaft lift: .594"/.618"
- Camshaft duration (@ 0.050"): 242°/248°
- Ford Performance M-6049-Z304DA aluminum "Z" cylinder heads
- Valve size: 2.02" intake/1.60" exhaust
- Compression ratio: 10.0:1
- Rocker arms: Ford Performance M-6562-F31 roller rocker arms
- Rocker arm ratio: 1.65:1
- Vibration damper: Ford Performance M-6316-D302 SFI approved
- Valve covers: Ford Performance cast aluminum painted silver
- Oil pan: Steel deep rear sump (7 quart) pan with louvered windage tray and crankshaft scraper
- Water pump: Ford Performance M-8501-G351 - long type - standard rotation
- Ford Performance M-9439-A50 intake manifold gaskets
- Premium unleaded fuel required
- Ignition timing: 32° at 4,000 RPM
- Maximum recommended RPM: 5,600 RPM
- Internally balanced: Neutral
- Recommended intake: Edelbrock Part # 2924 Super Victor (Not included)
- New oil pump and water pump
- Engine power ratings achieved with Edelbrock Super Victor intake, Holley 850 CFM carburetor, long tube headers
- Depending on your application, a different timing cover, water pump, performance oil pan and pickup may be required
- Includes a performance oil pan and pick-up, standard rotation timing chain cover, M-8501-G351 standard rotation water pump and non-EFI valve covers
- M-6059-D351 timing chain cover will work with most standard rotation water pumps.
- Crankshaft damper M-6416-D302 may require a spacer for pulley alignment
- Flywheel not included. The engine is neutrally balanced
- Firing order: 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8 (5.0L HO and 351W firing order)
- Distributor not included. Steel distributor gear required.
- Flywheel not included. Neutral balanced flywheel required.