A legend is reborn with this all-new Boss 302 block (M-6010-BOSS302) from Ford Performance. Stronger than the '60s original, this makes a great foundation for 8.2" deck projects.
Features and Benefits:
- 8.2" Deck Height
- Boss 302 Design
- Ford Performance Quality
- Rough Honed For a 4.00" Finish Hone
As an update on the classic Boss 302 block, this modern version retains hallmark features of the original - such as four-bolt main caps. This is an ideal place to start when building a stock bore engine. Cast from diesel grade iron and reinforced for strength, this block is far tougher than any Ford OE block ever produced.
- 4.125" bore capacity, finished at 3.990" to 3.995" rough bore
- 8.2" deck height, finished at 8.200" plus .010" to .015"
- Maximum recommended stroke 3.400"
- Splayed 4-bolt main on 2, 3, 4, main caps
- 2-bolt main on first and fifth main caps
- Main bearing bores finished to low limit
- Finished lifter bores
- Machined to accept factory roller lifter guides and lifter guide retainer
- Fits factory Mustang oil pan with custom oil pickup tube
- Revised oiling and cooling system passageways
- Siamese bore with drilled coolant crossover holes
- Increased bulkhead material
- Threaded core and galley plugs (straight thread port plugs with O-ring)
- Requires special length " head bolts M-6065-BOSS or head studs M-6014-BOSS recommended with M-6049-X306/307/Z304DA heads
- Designed for M-6049-X306//X307/C3/D3/Z304DA cylinder heads. - Uses common OD cam bearings M-6261-J351/R351
- Unique cam plug M-6026-S351 included
- M-6051-S331 or M-6051-CP331 head gasket recommended
- Weighs approximately 175 lbs.
- This engine block will require honing before you begin assembly. This is the only machining the block will require.
- 2-bolt number 1 and 5 mains.
- Designed for use with the following heads: X306, X307, X2, C3, D3, Z304DA, Z2.
- Not designed for production 302/ 351W or M-6049-Y302/ Y303/ X302/ X303/ X304/ X305 cylinder heads.