The fabled 427 Windsor: a small block engine that punches above its weight. The Ford Performance Front Sump 535 HP 427 Cubic Inch Crate Engine features Z2 Cylinder Heads and all-forged internals. The result is 535 peak horsepower and 545 lb-ft of peak torque!
Features and Benefits:
- 427ci Displacement
- 351W Based Design
- 535HP/ 545 TQ
- Big Block Power In A Small Block Package
- Front Sump Oil Pan
This crate engine packs big block power in a reliable small block package! These engines are hand-assembled in the US by Ford Performance to strict performance tolerances. Combined with some of the best parts in the aftermarket, the end result is a smooth-running yet incredibly powerful small block. Skip the lengthy engine build process - drop it in, button it up, and tear up your favorite track! Or, just cruise down the street and enjoy.
- 535 horsepower @ 5600 rpm
- 545 lb.ft. torque @ 4500 rpm
- Engine type: 351 based small block Ford
- Displacement (cu in): 427
- Bore x stroke (in): 4.125" bore x 4.00" stroke
- Block: Boss 351 9.5 deck
- Crankshaft: SCAT Forged Steel
- Connecting Rods: SCAT forged steel H-beam connecting rods and ARP® bolts
- Pistons: Forged Mahle w/ floating wrist pin
- Camshaft type: Hydraulic Roller
- Camshaft lift (in): .594"/.618"
- Camshaft Duration – intake/exhaust (@.050 in): 242°/248°
- Cylinder Heads: Ford Performance Aluminum "Z2" Cylinder Heads (M-6049-Z2)
- Valve size (in): 2.02 intake 1.60 exhaust
- Valve Springs: PAC 1219X Ovate Beehive
- Compression ratio: 10.5:1 (nominal)
- Rocker arms : Roller Rockers
- Rocker arm ratio: 1.65:1
- Vibration Damper - Ford Performance SFI Approved (M-6316-D302)
- Valve Covers: Satin black, aluminum with "Ford Racing" script (302-135)
- Oil Pan: Steel with deep front sump pan with windage tray / scraper - 9 quart capacity (M-6675-FT351)
- Water pump: included long type - standard rotation
- Recommended fuel: Premium Unleaded
- Ignition timing: 32° at 4,000 RPM
- Maximum recommended rpm: 5,600 RPM
- Front sump pan fits most kits cars without Mustang II suspension
- New block, oil and water pumps, performance oil pan and high-performance harmonic balancer
- Can be used in kit cars, street rods, Mustangs, cars and trucks
- Water Pump included-standard rotation
- Depending on your application, a different timing cover, water pump, performance oil pan and pickup may be required.
- Engine has a performance front sump oil pan and pickup, standard rotation timing cover, standard rotation water pump and non-EFI valve covers.
- Timing cover will work with most standard rotation water pumps
- Fuel pump eccentric M-6287-B302 installed, allows use of mechanical fuel pump
- Valve covers should fit most non-EFI applications.
- The damper M-6316-D302 may require a spacer for pulley alignment
- Includes intake gaskets and pilot bearing
- Firing order 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8 (5.0L HO and 351W firing order)
Tech Tip: You'll need to pick up this recommended MSD distributor (MSD8584) for intake clearance and this Edelbrock intake manifold (EDL2924) as well. Both parts sold separately.
- This engine is internally balanced, you must use a neutral balance flywheel or flexplate.
- Distributor and Intake Manifold are sold separately.
- Steel distributor gear required.
- A rear sump version is also available: M6007Z2427FRT