Built with only premium, all-new parts, the Ford Performance 347 Short Block Engine Assembly (M-6009-347) features a forged crankshaft, forged I-beam connecting rods with floating piston pins and the powerful Boss 302 Block! Customize the 347 Short Block Assembly with your choice of heads, cam, intake and oil pan to meet your goals and achieve your dream car.
If you're looking to build an 8.2 deck engine for your muscle car or street rod, Ford Performance's 347 Short Block Assembly serves as an excellent foundation. In fact, this is the same short block featured in 347 sealed racing crate engines, Part # M-6007-D347SR and M-6007-S347JR.
Features and Benefits:
- 347 Cubic Inches
- Four Bolt Main
- Forged Rotating Assembly
- Boss Block
- New Stroked Short Block
- Increased Horsepower and Torque
- Pre-Assembled with All New Parts
- Impressive Ford Performance Quality
- Hydraulic Roller Camshaft Compatible
- Assembled and Ready for your Heads, Cam and Timing Chain Set (Cam bearings come pre-installed)
- 302 Bolt Pattern, Oil Pan and Timing Cover
- Internally Balanced
*Requires 0oz balance flywheel and damper.
- Engine type: 302 Based Small Block Ford
- Displacement (cu in): 347
- Bore x Stroke (in): 4.030" Bore x 3.400" Stroke
- Block: Boss 4-Bolt Main Block (M-6010-BOSS302) 8.2" Deck Height
- Piston to Deck Height: .010" Below Deck (Nominal)
- Crankshaft: SCAT Forged Steel: 3.400" Stroke
- Connecting Rods: SCAT Forged Steel I-beam Connecting Rods with Floating Pin and ARP Bolts
When customizing your new engine assembly, you can choose from most aftermarket performance cylinder heads, which will be compatible with the short block. Ford Racing's short blocks are built with pistons designed for 20-degree valve angle heads and will fit stock or most spread valve guide centerlines. The pistons are made of Mahle forged aluminum with 1.5mm, 1.5mm and 3.00mm rings. The valve reliefs are for X306, X307, Z304DA, Z304P, N351, and other inline valve Windsor cylinder heads. The pistons also feature 6 cc valve pockets. Be sure to check piston to valve clearance.
Tech Tip: Recommended cylinder head fasteners (M-6065-BOSS), head bolts or (M-6014-BOSS) studs depending on application. High volume oil pump M-6600-D2 recommended. High-performance harmonic balancer M-6316-D302 is recommended.
- Requires head gaskets M-6051-CP331 or S331.
- Designed for M-6049-X306//X307/Z304DA/Z304P and N351 cylinder heads. Not designed for production 302/351W or M-6049-Y302/Y303/X302/X303/X304/X305 cylinder heads.
- This part is designed and intended for competition use only. It should not be installed on a vehicle that is driven on public roads and highways. Installation of this part on a vehicle driven on public roads and highways is likely to violate U.S. and Canadian laws and regulations relating to motor vehicle emissions.