The Maximum Motorsports Heavy Duty Torque Arm (MMTA-3) is the ultimate 1979-2004 Mustang rear suspension upgrade for street driving, drag racing, autocross and road racing. Keeping that 8.8" Rear in place during launches or in corners is a challenge, especially if you've added power. It tends to rotate under load, causing your pinion angles to change unfavorably. This Heavy Duty Torque Arm provides a secure mounting point for your rear axle that won't bend or move around.
Features and Benefits:
- Fits 1979-2004 Mustangs with a 8.8” Solid Rear End
- Higher Engine Power Rating than the Standard Duty Torque Arm (TA1)
- Dramatically Increased Rear Grip
- Improved Launching at the Drag Strip
- Eliminates Wheel Hop during Hard Acceleration
- Improves Cornering Ability
- Improved Wet Weather Traction
- Improved Handling Predictability
- Proudly Manufactured in the USA!
- Black Powder Coated Finish
- Works with Rectangular Subframe Connectors (SFC26 and SFC23)
The Maximum Motorsports Torque Arm is constructed from thick gauge steel that can take some serious abuse. It will eliminate wheel hop and axle rotation, dramatically increasing rear grip. This Heavy Duty version is uprated to handle more torque than the Standard version. Pair this Torque Arm with a Maximum Motorsports Panhard Bar for the ultimate handling setup! The Maximum Motorsports Heavy Duty Torque Arm is proudly manufactured in the USA!
Subframe Connectors - Minimum Required Dimensions
Height X Width Tube Wall Thickness Minimum:
Rectangular: 1" X 2" .120" wall
Rectangular: 1-1/4" X 2" .083" wall
Rectangular: 1-1/2" X 1-1/2" .083" wall
Please Note: This Maximum Motorsports Torque Arm will NOT fit 1999-2004 Cobra Mustangs with an IRS Rear Suspension.
ATTENTION: Due to increased demand for this hand-built product, this part may take up to eight weeks for shipment.